A shortened schedule, but there was still much wackiness.
– The Royals won a series in Yankee Stadium for the first time since 1999.
— Eric Hosmer hit two home runs in this series…
— So did Melky Cabrera.
—- Sean O’Sullivan had a perfect game against the Yankees through four.
—– The Yankees didn’t strike out at all.
– The Diamondbacks finished a 6-game road trip where they outscored their opponents 17-16. They went 1-5.
– The Mets won a series against the Rockies!!
— Ubaldo: 3.2 IP, 3 H, 5 R/ER, 6 BB, 3 K. His ERA is 6.67. I don’t know what’s wrong with him this year, but clearly something is.
— Carlos Beltran hit three two-run home runs.
—- Jason Bay stole second… and then stole third.
—– While Jose Reyes got both picked off, and fell for the fake-to-third-throw-to-first play.
– With the Braves down 5-1 to the Nationals and on the verge of being swept, Martin Prado had a ten-pitch at bat with the bases loaded that ended in a grand slam.
– The Mariners and Orioles were through nine innings with no runs scored in two hours.
— Both starters, Seattle’s Jason Vargas and Baltimore’s Zach Britton, threw nine innings of shutout baseball… with no decision.
— The Mariners scored in the top of the twelfth. But then the bottom of the twelfth went like this: Derrek Lee single, Vlad HBP, Adam Jones HBP, Matt Wieters lineout, JJ Hardy walk-off single. Way to be, Brandon League.
—- This was the first extra inning game without an extra base hit since July 29, 2009.
– With Dodgers/Pirates rained out, there are now more rainouts in this season than there were in all of 2010.