Sorry for the crappiness of this roundup, it’s late and the first item here will explain why I’m all cranky.
– The Yankees/Rangers game ended on a walk-off HBP
— by Mariano Rivera
— of Jeff Francoeur
—- I do not want to talk about it
– The Rays had 10 hits and 13 runs.
– The Cleveland pitching staff held the Twins scoreless for 20 straight innings (before Jim Thome homered).
– John Lackey of the Red Sox had a two-hit shutout through six against Oakland, but ended up losing.
– The Cubs won a 1-0 game; they have the worst record in the majors in one-run games.
– Felix Hernandez actually pitched not-particularly-well in a loss.
– A night after the Giants won 1-0 against the Padres, the Padres won 1-0 against the Giants.
– Edwin Jackson finally got roughed up, giving up 18 hits and 8 runs.
– The Orioles had 16 freaking hits?!