– The Astros/Phillies game was the type of game that reminds you why we came up with this site.
— It went 16 innings.
— Roy Oswalt had to play LF at one point in extra innings… and he made a successful putout on the first batter that batted with him in LF.
—- There’s a lot more here. Just read that. It was a spectacular game.
– In that game, Houston’s 2B Angel Sanchez went 0-for-7.
— Ryan Howard also went 0-for-7, with FIVE strikeouts.
— He got kicked out of the game after arguing with the ump on a called strike three.
—- And was replaced as the cleanup hitter by… Roy Oswalt.
—– Who grounded out to end the game, representing the winning run… hey, he DOES have one career home run, guys!
– The Astros drew two unintentional walks the entire game. IT LASTED SIXTEEN INNINGS!!!!
– As I’m typing this, the Reds/Giants game is still going on, with San Francisco leading Cincinnati 16-5 (!!!). That’s the most runs the Giants have scored since this game in 2004. Where Cody Ransom had more RBIs than Barry Bonds. And clearly, a lot of awesome pitching was involved.
– The Pirates beat Adam Wainwright.
– The Tigers beat the Royals 9-1. Both teams had the same number of home runs.
– Tonight, the Blue Jays’ Marc Rzepczynski (gazundheit) and the Yankees’ Dustin Moseley matched up with identical ERAs, 4.76. Tomorrow night, the matchup is Phil Hughes vs. Brett Cecil – with ERAs of 3.90.
– Oakland had its 16th consecutive quality start tonight. They were 7-8 in their last 15, though.
– Ted Lilly has five wins with the Dodgers in five starts. He had three wins with the Cubs in 18 starts.