It’s been a good few days for the crazy. We appreciate it here at YCPB.
– The Mets finally won a road series against an NL team.
— AND their first back-to-back road games against an NL team, too.
— In the game they won, their pitcher Niese drew two walks. He himself walked only one. I mean, they were playing the Pirates, but that’s just plain sad.
– The Rangers/Orioles game was FUN today. Many thanks to @CamdenCrazies for a lot of this information.
— Coming into today’s game, 33% of the home runs Cliff Lee had given up this season were to the Orioles. After today, it is 54%.
— Baltimore’s Josh Bell hit his first career HR… off Cliff Lee. Then later in the game, he hit his second HR… off Cliff Lee again.
– Maybe the most shocking of all? Cliff Lee WALKED SOMEONE, too. His 5.2 IP, 8 ER performance brought his ERA all the way up to… 3.09.
— Lee also gave up four home runs. Four!
— He was “outdueled” by Brad Bergesen and his five earned runs in seven innings.
– Matt Stairs, now of the Padres, now owns the all-time pinch-hit home run record.
– Pedro Feliz hit a triple off Tim Lincecum and Randy Winn hit a home run off of him. Granted, it hasn’t really been Lincecum’s year, but eesh.
– Ichiro Suzuki hit two home runs, Russell Branyan hit the first home run into the upper deck at the new Yankee Stadium, and the Mariners scored a run off Mariano Rivera… and they still lost.
– Yuniesky Betancourt hit his third grand slam of the season.
— Derek Jeter and Pete Rose combined have two career grand slams.
– Speaking of the Royals, the Royals and White Sox are currently in the top of the sixth inning of the second game of their doubleheader. It’s 12:55 AM.
— And they have a day game tomorrow.
– The Yankees are 11-0 this year in games where Alex Rodriguez doesn’t make an appearance. OMG THEY’RE SO MUCH BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIM!!!!!