– Cliff Lee walked someone.
— Jeff Francoeur walked.
— These things happened ON THE SAME NIGHT. I feel like I can stop right here.
– At one point tonight, due to various crazy switches in the Tigers/Yankees game, Joba Chamberlain was the Yankees’ cleanup hitter. As in the relief pitcher Joba Chamberlain.
– Detroit’s Ryan Raburn had three home runs in the first four months of the season. He has four in the last five days.
– Only a week or so after Brandon Morrow’s one-hitter, Shaun Marcum threw a complete game one-hitter for the Jays, as well. At least Marcum’s one hit didn’t come with two out in the ninth, ouch.
— Marcum’s one-hitter came after his last start, where he allowed eight runs to the Red Sox in just four innings.
– The Athletics line from tonight: 1 R, 1 H, 1 E.
— They were no-hit through six innings for two games in a row for the first time ever.
– You’ve probably already heard this but the Mets’ closer K-Rod tore a ligament in his thumb during that fight with his father-in-law. He’s out for the season. The Mets can’t just have a quietly terrible season, can they?
— Tonight, the Mets needed someone to save their game. Actually, knowing baseball, this is totally predictable.
– Speaking of closers, I’m sure you’ve heard the whole situation with Jonathan Broxton of the Dodgers where he’s been terrible for weeks now, but he got demoted and right now, isn’t closing. So today, they put in Hong-Chih Kuo to close out a 3-1 game against the Braves. Of course, he spectacularly blew it.