- Mets closer Francisco Rodriguez just got arrested for assaulting his father-in-law. No comment.
— Speaking of the Mets, they had a 2-0 lead after two batters tonight. They got only one hit after that.
– As a Yankee fan, this is a really nice WPA graph. Thanks Fangraphs.
— The Rangers were leading 6-1 after 5, and 6-2 after 6, with Cliff Lee on the mound… and didn’t win
— The Yankees struck out 17 times… and scored 7 runs and won.
—- It was the first time since June 12 that Cliff Lee didn’t go 8+ innings.
—– Mariano Rivera allowed a leadoff triple in a one-run game to Elvis Andrus. He then very easily retired Michael Young, Josh Hamilton, and Vladimir Guerrero to end the game. In Mariano’s career, when he’s allowed the tying run to reach third base with nobody out, hitters have never gotten that run home.
– The Orioles’ Brad Bergesen had a complete game two-hitter. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE ORIOLES?
– The Diamondbacks hit back-to-back-to-back-to-back home runs.
— The last time a team hit four home runs in a row, it was the Red Sox in a 2007 game against the Yankees. JD Drew hit one of those home runs. Tonight, his brother, Stephen Drew, hit one of the home runs.
– A night after a horrendous Dodger lineup scored 15 runs, they scored none tonight.
– The Royals are 2-5 in games when Zack Greinke pitches and allows 1 ER or fewer.
– Dallas Braden had a 7+ career ERA in Safeco before today, where he threw a complete game, allowing only one run.