Here’s hopin’ you won the trade deadline.
– Jeff Suppan won a game!
– Thanks to dpatrickg on Twitter: The Yankees hit .188 tonight… and slugged .563. Six hits, zero singles.
– Remember how Jose Valverde threw sixty pitches last night for the Tigers and was therefore unavailable tonight? Yeah, well, the relief pitcher Jim Leyland put in there to close out a 4-2 game in the bottom of the ninth inning promptly blew it. Actually, this probably IS predictable.
– The Mets beat the Diamondbacks, finally. Since the All-Star Break, I believe the Diamondbacks are 4-14… and all four of their wins are against the Mets.
– Colorado’s Carlos Gonzalez hit a walk-off home run in the bottom of the ninth inning to give the Rockies the win… and himself the cycle. The last time that happened was 1984.
– Check out this throw. I don’t even know where that was going…
– The Orioles are more games out of first place than they have wins
– There was a Harden/Haren matchup in Anaheim tonight.
– I’m sorry but Roy Oswalt and Lance Berkman in non-Astro uniforms just kind of weirds me out for the time being.