– the Blue Jays’ Jose Bautista hit a HR tonight. That’s not that unpredictable about his season so far. What is? It was an inside-the-park home run.
– A night after the Rockies made a ridiculously epic comeback, down 9-3 going into the bottom of the ninth against the Cardinals, to win 12-9, they came back from a late 5-0 deficit tonight.
– All the scoring in the Marlins’ 4-0 win over the Dodgers happened in one half-inning.
– The Astros hit four home runs tonight. They had a four homer game before the Yankees did.
– The 51-33 Tampa Bay Rays completed their first three-game sweep at home so far this season tonight. Huh?
– Oh, and in that game, Jonathan Papelbon, the Red Sox closer, pitched the seventh inning with the Sox down 6-2. Then, with the Rays’ closer Rafael Soriano unavailable and the rest of the bullpen exhausted and shaky, Matt Garza, one of the Rays’ starting pitchers, got the save in the ninth inning.
– The Padres hit three home runs! And lost.
– The Cubs’ Aramis Ramirez hit another home run. That’s three in two games. His regression to the mean probably wasn’t too fun for the Diamondbacks.
– The Giants lead their game against the Brewers 4-0 after 1 inning and 11-1 after 4 innings. They ended up winning 15-2. Yeah, those team collective 90 OPS+ Giants.
– Pitcher Casey Daigle got the win for the Astros today. His last win was sometime in 2004, 2249 days ago.