– The Orioles won! It was their 20th win of the season.
– The Giants’ Matt Cain gave up 7 runs in 2.2 innings, raising his ERA to an embarrassing… 2.72. Yeah, he’s pretty good. Even more unpredictable? He did that against the rather light-hitting Astros.
– The Phillies’ Dane Sardinha hit his first career home run today. Over four seasons in the majors, he’s played in a total of 31 games, with 88 PA, and, in those 88 PA, he has a sweet line of .125/.163/.163, -14 OPS+. Yes, that’s a negative.
– Boston’s Dustin Pedroia hit three home runs.
– The Rockies had eighteen hits, and scored eleven runs… and lost.
– Crazy streaks: the Texas Rangers have won eleven games in a row. The White Sox have won nine in a row, and are 13-1 in their last fourteen games.
– The Blue Jays scored five runs in three innings against the Cardinals’ Adam Wainwright, then scored no runs for the rest of the ballgame.
– The White Sox’s Gavin Floyd went seven innings with two hits, nine strikeouts, and no runs… and got a no-decision.