– The Yankees have scored one run or fewer in Yankee Stadium in four games: a loss against the Nationals a year ago, Game 1 of the 2009 World Series, and… the last two games.
– Hisanori Takahashi and Javier Vazquez have pitched two games in the Subway Series. Their performances are as such: Takahashi 6 IP, 0 R and 7 IP, 0 R. Vazquez 6 IP, 0 R (and he was only removed because he hurt himself bunting, as he was cruising) and 7 IP, 1 R. Oh, and tonight, Vazquez went 7 IP, gave up one run… and took the loss.
– The opposing team won a game Stephen Strasburg started!!!!
– The Mariners won 1-0. Cliff Lee threw a complete game shutout. He didn’t walk anyone. He has a 67/4 K/BB ratio in 77.2 IP this season. What the heck happened to this guy when he was sent down in 2007…?
– The Marlins scored seven runs through the first two innings, and then no runs after that. Mike Stanton hit his first career home run – and it was a grand slam.
– The Orioles were playing the Padres. After playing a close 1-1 game, the Orioles took the lead, 2-1 in the top of the ninth. I mean, of course they lost when their closer blew the save, but I was shocked they were able to get a run off San Diego’s bullpen.
– Speaking of the Orioles, Ubaldo Jimenez has eight road wins. The Orioles AS A TEAM have seven.
– Derek Lowe has a 4.77 ERA… and nine wins.