In an attempt to illustrate how hard it is to predict baseball, the authors of this site have decided to attempt to predict baseball. Here are Bexy and Jordan’s preseason predictions as well as a jointly written set of bold (but not insane…we think) predictions for each team. Come by as the season goes on and laugh at them.
- AJ Burnett Albert Pujols alex rodriguez Andy Pettitte arizona diamondbacks Atlanta Braves baltimore orioles bex bexy Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Carl Crawford carl pavano CC Sabathia chicago cubs Chicago White Sox cincinnati reds clay buchholz cleveland indians Cliff Lee Colorado Rockies Curtis Granderson daily roundup Daisuke Matsuzaka Dan Haren Derek Jeter Detroit Tigers Felix Hernandez Florida Marlins Francisco Liriano houston astros Jason Marquis Javier Vazquez Jeff Francoeur Jered Weaver Joe Mauer Johan Santana John Lackey jon lester Jordan Jorge Posada Jose Bautista Jose Molina Josh Johnson Juan Pierre kansas city royals Los Angeles Angels los angeles dodgers Mariano Rivera Matt Garza milwaukee brewers minnesota twins New York Mets New York Yankees Oakland As Oakland Athletics Philadelphia Phillies Pittsburgh Pirates Rebecca Robinson Cano Roy Halladay roy oswalt san diego padres san francisco giants seattle mariners st. louis cardinals stephen strasburg tampa bay rays texas rangers Tim Lincecum Toronto Blue Jays Ubaldo Jimenez Washington Nationals Yuniesky Betancourt Zack Greinke
- In 2004 alone, Bonds came up 108 times with an open base. He hit .417/.870/1.167 with 84 walks, 76 of them intentional. 19 hours ago
- From 01-04, Bonds had 367 PAs with a base open. He walked 244 times, 205 intentionally. .364/.785/.851. 19 hours ago
- You could hit a homer and single every day and hit .400 with 162 homers and 1.000 slugging and 2004 Bonds would still out-OPS you. 19 hours ago
- Perhaps our favorite—Bonds’ 1.422 OPS in 2004 is higher than what going 2-5 with a single and homer every day would get you. 19 hours ago
- From 2001-4, Bonds hit .349/.559/.809. That represents the 1st, 2nd, 6th, and 9th best OBP seasons ever. 19 hours ago