- The Marlins’ Chris Coghlan injured himself pie-ing a teammate after a walk-off win. Watch out, AJ Burnett…
- The Mets have scored 26 runs in their last 13 games. Tonight, they were facing Adam Wainwright, who has given up 1 run over his past 29 innings. Of course, Wainwright gave up 6 runs in 5 innings. (thanks to @richardiurilli for reminding me of this)
- Your first 30 HR-hitter in the majors? Jose Bautista. Oh, and he’s homered in three straight games.
- Rays hits tonight: 5. Tigers hits tonight: 12. Rays runs tonight: 3. Tigers runs tonight: 2.
- Brett Myers pitched a complete game with 1 run, 12 K and 1 BB.
— That might have only been the second most impressive start tonight. Cliff Lee threw 9 innings with 1 unearned run, 13 K, and no walks. He got a ND.
— Lee already had a 14.43 K/BB ratio before this game…
- Josh Johnson has currently allowed 3 runs through 5.2 innings to the Giants. The last time he allowed more than 2 runs in a single start, it was early May.
- Stephen Strasburg was scratched from his start, but the Nationals still shut out the Braves.
- Ryan Rowland-Smith’s record is 1-10. I know W/L means not much, but seriously. I’m just goggling at that. I guess that’s what happens when your ERA is 6.96 and you’re on a team with a collective 77 OPS+.
- Carl Pavano is now tied for the AL lead in wins. Gross. Oh, and he has more IP this season than he did in all his years with the Yankees.